1991 to Summer 1995
- Richard McCardle (vocals, bass)
- Gavin Bush (guitar)
- Jeremy Vass (drums)
- Leigh Limbrick (Les) (bass) joined in 1992.
Deceitful Bow's sound was a very unique combination of soulful Pearl Jam-esque vocals over angular but funky guitar riffs. The guitarist Gavin was especially memorable for the way that he would throw himself around the stage in almost Hardcore abandon, teasing colourful, overdriven Jazz chords out of his unusually carved guitar.
Gavin Bush is Kate Bush's nephew.
In 1995 the band changed their name to Seventythree.
As Deceitful Bow
- 1995 demo
These are the only gigs for which details are available:
as Deceitful Bow:
- 26/02/91 - Margate, Nayland Rock (supp Insane + Obliteration )
- 30/04/92 - Broadstairs, Pavilion (supp. Insane, w. Gnarly Pig Hair )
- 11/07/92 - Folkestone, Metronome (supp. Gnarly Pig Hair, w. Insane )
- 12/05/93 - Canterbury, Penny Theatre (+ Bastards Of Destruction )
- 28/10/92 - Margate, The Ship (w.Dreadburn)
- 11/07/92 - Folkestone, Metronome (supp. Gnarly Pig Hair , w. Insane )
- ??/??/94 - Ashford, The Castle
as Seventythree: The first gig listed below was billed as Deceitful Bow, but the band announced the name-change on stage.