1976 - 1981
- Mark Edwards (aka Mark Jones) (guitar, vocals)
- Paul Leinster (bass, vocals)
- Marc Hebden (drums)
- Paul Daley (drums) replaced Marc Hebden.
- Stan "Gretsch" Littlejohn (drums) later replaced Paul Daley.
The Rivals were probably the earliest, and most-renowned of the first wave of Punk bands in Kent.
Stan was tragically killed in a car-crash in 1981
Full information can be found on the Rivals website .
- The Arnold - Marc H.
- The Ignerents / The Beekeepers - Stan
- The Naughty Thoughts - Mark E., Marc H.
- The Thoughts - Mark E.
- The Gems - Mark E.
- The Last Resort - Mark E.
- Heavy Metal Outlaws - Mark E.
- Anti-Nowhere League - Mark E.
- Decade Of Pleasure - Paul L.
- A Man Called Adam - Paul D.
- Brand New Heavies - Paul D.
- Leftfield - Paul D.
- 1979 'Future Rights' 7" (ACE 007)
- 1980 'Here Comes The Night' 7" (ACE 011)
- 2007 'If Only...' CD (RUBBISHCD007)
- 2007 "If Only.."( Limited Vinyl Album.)
- 2011 "First ever session & Demos ...CD (Japanese release)
- 01/05/77 - The Eagle Pub ( With The Refugees )
- 15/12/77 - Margate, Bali Hai
- 22/12/77 - Margate, Bali Hai
- ??/??/78 - Ramsgate, Labour Hall (+ The Arnold )
- 16/05/78 - Ramsgate. Labour Hall
- 25/05/79 - Ramsgate, Van Gogh ( + The Arnold )
- ??/??/79 - Ramsgate. Van Gogh
- ??/??/79 - Canterbury Art College (Gig cancelled due to riot )
- ??/??/79 - Hastings The Crypt. (Huggy of The Teenbeats Sang American Faces)
- 14/03/80 - Ramsgate, Concorde
- ??/??/80 - Gravesend The Red Lion. (+ Naked)
- 11/04/80 - Ramsgate, Granville Ballroom (+ The Maze)
- ??/??/80 - Canterbury University ( With Toyah )
- 21/03/81 - Herne Bay, Pier Hotel (+ Naked + The Commited )
- 28/03/81 - Gravesend, Terminus Club